At Glengorm every wedding is different. The castle is a family home and has a relaxed and informal atmosphere which we try to convey to the wedding party. We’ll help in any way we can to ensure you have everything you need for the special day; with knowledge of local photographers, pipers, bands, florists and more.
We are licensed for civil ceremonies inside, and out on the lawn and we can help arrange a minister for a religious service. Ceremonies can take place inside the Castle in the Library or the Hall. The Library will hold smaller weddings up to 10 and has panoramic views out to the Atlantic. The Hall will hold larger groups of up to 50 guests and enjoys the view of the bride descending down the main oak staircase. The lawns outside are also registered for civil ceremonies and on a clear day the views are spectacular.
Glengorm Castle is home to the Nelson family and has a relaxed and informal atmosphere and they try to convey this atmosphere to weddings in the house. Catering for all occasions can be provided from a large selection of local and home grown produce. The dining room can seat up to 40 comfortably but can fit up to 50.
|Venue charge||Up to 10 guests:£1500
Up to 30 guests:£3000
|Up to 50 guests:£4500|
|Buffet Meal||From £30 per head|
|Sit-down Meal||From £35 per head|
|50% discount on venue charge between 1 November and 15 March|
Please note the following:
- All 5 bed and breakfast rooms must be booked by the wedding party for the night of the function. For this reason it is advisable to book up to 12 months in advance to ensure availability on your chosen date.
- The Terrace flat must also be booked if a ceilidh or other amplified or live performance is planned. Otherwise the evening will have to end before 11.30pm because of the interruption to other guests. We can assist in the hire of local musicians.
- Menus can be discussed to suit your requirements.
- Meal charges do not include alcohol. Due to licensing laws the wedding party must purchase any alcohol they wish to consume independently. There will be no corkage charges.
- For Christian services Ministers can be contacted through the Church of Scotland, or Pastor Carol Leach of Oban 01631 564582.
- The Castle can be hired for other functions in a similar manner for events such as workshops, seminars and music concertos.
Please contact us for more information.
- Both the wedding service and legal registration of marriage can take place at Glengorm, either in the castle or elsewhere on the Castle grounds.
To make a booking please contact us with your preferred times and dates