Come and discover what tasty treats you can find down at the shore on our seaweed foraging day FOR FAMILIES! Our seaweed foraging days for adults have been so popular that now we want to give the kids a chance and so invite you to join us for a day of foraging at Glengorm.
You will learn how to find and harvest the tastiest seaweed to eat, how to prepare it and most importantly HOW TO EAT IT! After splashing in rock pools in search of seaweed, we will cook some up for you to try and even make some cakes to take home.
So what do you need to know?
- The day starts at 11am and finishes at around 3.30pm at the Glengorm Nature Lab (next to the coffee shop).
- Children must be over 8 years old, happy to walk 4km and be accompanied by an adult.
- Bring a packed lunch to eat at the shore (but leave room to eat seaweed!)
- The day will involve approx. 4km of walking and scrambling over rocky, slippery shore.
- Bring wellies or grippy shoes suitable for the rocky shore, waterproofs and suncream!
£16 per child- accompanying adults free.